Current Positions @ BeMo Academic Consulting
Academic Consultant - PhD or PhD student, Part-time to start and transition to full-time, Remote
Are you the needle in a haystack?
Would you like to help students, who are genuinely interested in becoming outstanding future professionals, navigate their way through the maze of admissions process by delivering world-class mentorship and training? Would you like to make sure no one is treated unfairly due to their cultural, racial or social status? Would you like to help us create the next generation of educational programs and admissions screening tools?
Here’s a little bit about us:
You've probably never worked with anyone like us before. We're a dynamic team of practicing professionals, researchers, and scholars, with a passion to help students reach their academic and career goals. We go above and beyond to deliver the best possible services we can to our students. We make sure we are highly knowledgable about the ever-changing landscape of admissions by studying and researching admissions trends. We take our own medicine and we are constantly training to keep our individual performance and the performance of our company exceptional.
While some of us have other jobs (most of us are dedicated full-time), we take our role very seriously and contribute to our company on a regular basis because we understand the long-term impact of our work. We know how to manage our time and competing demands. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and impact and we are not afraid to share our ideas and collaborate with our team members. We put our company and our missions first before our own personal needs and desires. This is not a "job" to us. This is a calling. Our passion for mentoring our students and making admissions fair and scientifically sound is what gets us up in the morning. Importantly, we understand that our company is only as great as its individual members. That's how we have become a leading academic consulting firm and that's why we are extremely selective about our team and only pick the very best to join us and we do everything we can to support them.
We'll be honest; working at BeMo isn't for everyone. If you are resistant to learn more about admissions and coaching students because you believe you already know everything, if you are seeking a side job just to make a few bucks or to add another entry to your CV, if you normally don't pay much attention to detail, or if you are looking for a short-term gig with little impact and growth, then we're probably not right for you.
If you truly understand admissions, have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, willing to learn more and implement new strategies to coach our students, create new programs, love to be a part of the team to change the future of admissions, and looking for a long-term mission with significant impact on society, then you need to apply. Now.
Watch Our CEO's TEDx Talk to Find Out Why We Created BeMo:
What we offer:
- Be a part of our fast growing, innovative and leading academic consulting firm.
- Be part of a revolution. We are creating the next generation of admissions screening tools that are light years ahead at selecting best-suited candidates compared to traditional tools, while being fair to applicants.
- Be part of a team of A-players. We only hire the brightest individuals with the highest caliber, character and courage.
- Freedom to choose your hours. We don't believe in 9-5. We believe in accomplishments of the highest standard.
- Freedom to work from anywhere around the world. You never have to go to the "office". All of our services are provided online.
- 24/7 support. We don't sleep. If you need our help, we'll be there for you because this means more than just a “job” to us.
- Opportunity of stocks/shares in our fast growing company for exceptional team members that embody our core values.
- Opportunity for growth, independent project development and career advancement including managerial and executive roles.
- Make a huge difference in the lives of aspiring future professionals and contribute to our outstanding success rate.
BeMo has an immediate need for a top caliber PhD (in psychology, education, life/health sciences or related) as a scientist and academic consultant. The role is to help research and develop new mentorship and admissions screening tools and to help students with review and critique of their applications (we do NOT write any application documents for our students, rather we teach them how to make their applications stand out), admissions interview preparation.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Must be looking for long-term position within an innovative company with a great cause.
- Must be able to commit to 20 hours per week with the ability to move to full-time after initial probationary period and training (Ideally we are looking for someone to start as part-time and progress into full-time position)
- Research and develop new mentorship and admissions screening protocols, programs and tools with the help of our software developers
- Review and critique application documents and provide feedback to help students improve their applications.
- Conduct mock interviews + provide feedback to improve interview performance of our students.
- Continuously demonstrate a genuine passion for mentoring our students and improving our overall operations and impact as a company. (i.e. This will not be just a part-time job/side source of income to you.)
- Preferred: experiment design and statistical analysis of the results.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- PhD student in psychology, biological sciences, or related fields with a strong statistical analysis background. OR,
- Must hold a PhD in psychology, biological sciences, or related fields with a strong statistical analysis background. OR,
- Must have excellent writing skills and track record.
- Strong statistical analysis experience and graduate level course work is preferred.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to plan in advance and anticipate any possible setbacks.
- Excellent verbal communications and writing skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated; ability to take initiative.
- Ability to act independently with very little supervision and great work ethics.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset (e.g., embrace latest technology, innovate methods/tools, etc.)
- Must be looking for a long term position with a growth mindset.
- Extremely humble and eager to learn.
How to apply:
Simple. Send us your cover letter indicating why you believe you will be an excellent match for this position along with your resume or CV to consulting [at] bemoacademicconsulting.com
Please quote job #22167 on the subject line of your email.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, we will be in touch via email to schedule you for an interview. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
BeMo is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
BeMo is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.