Current Positions @ BeMo Academic Consulting:
Full Stack Developer/Server Admin: Part-Time Track to Full-Time, Remote
**Ideal for applicants looking for a long-term position with a noble cause. All applicants must be from Canada, even though the job is remote**
Are you the needle in a haystack?
Would you like to contribute to our mission of helping students who are genuinely interested in becoming outstanding future professionals, achieve their academic and career goals?
Would you like to make sure no one is treated unfairly due to their unfamiliarity with the admissions process or due to cultural, racial or social status?
Would you like to be part of a team that's shaping the future of admissions?
Would you like to help us create the next generation of educational training and admissions screening softwares?
Here’s a little bit about us:
We believe everyone deserves access to higher education regardless of his or her cultural, racial, economical or social status.
You've probably never worked with anyone like us before. We're a dynamic team of practicing professionals, researchers, and scholars, with a passion to help students reach their academic and career goals. We often go above and beyond to deliver the best possible services we can for our students. We take our own medicine and we are constantly training to keep our individual performance and the performance of our company exceptional.
In addition, we are also creating the next generation of university admissions screening software to reduce the social, racial and economic bias while being able to select better-suited applicants AND save time and money for universities and employers.
We take our role very seriously and contribute to our company on a regular basis whether we work part-time or full-time because we understand the long-term impact of our work. We know how to manage our time and competing demands. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and impact and we are not afraid to share our ideas and collaborate with our team members.
We put our company and our missions first before our own personal needs and desires. This is not a "job" to us. This is a calling. Our passion for mentoring our students and making admissions screening fair and scientifically sound is what gets us up in the morning. Importantly, we understand that our company is only as great as its individual members. That's how we have become a leading academic consulting firm and that's why we are extremely selective about our team and only pick the very best to join us and we do everything we can to support them.
We'll be honest; working at BeMo isn't for everyone.
If you are resistant to learn more and continuous coaching because you believe you already know everything about programming, if you are seeking a side job just to make a few bucks, or to add another entry to your resume, if you normally don't pay much attention to detail and your code is always returned by end users full of bugs, or if you are looking for a short-term gig with little impact and growth, then we're probably not right for you.
But if this is you, you need to apply now.
If are the type of person that puts the team first before your own personal needs. If you are a fantastic developer with great attention to detail, yet extremely humble, willing to learn more and are not afraid to explore topics that are not your expertise, love to be a part of the team to change the future of higher education and admissions screening, and looking for a long-term mission with significant impact on society, then you need to apply. Now.
Watch Our CEO's TEDx Talk to Find Out Why We Created BeMo:
What we offer:
- Be a part of our fast growing, innovative and leading academic consulting firm.
- Be part of a revolution. We are creating the next generation of admissions screening tools that are light years ahead at selecting best-suited candidates compared to traditional tools, while being fair to applicants.
- Be part of a team of A-players. We only hire the brightest individuals with the highest caliber, character and courage.
- Freedom to work from anywhere around the world. You never have to go to the "office". All of our services are provided online. We only need to meet for meetings and fun events within the Toronto area 20% of the time and you must be able to commute at your own expense.
- 24/7 support. We don't sleep. If you need our help, we'll be there for you because this means more than just a “job” to us.
- Opportunity of stocks/shares in our fast growing company for exceptional team members that embody our core values.
- Opportunity for growth, independent project development and career advancement
- Make a huge difference in the lives of aspiring future professionals and contribute to our outstanding success rate.
- Full health, dental and life insurance benefits for full-time team members.
- Generous vacation policy for full-time team members.
BeMo has an immediate need for a top caliber full stack developer to help our team in ongoing web development, web application, and web maintenance projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
20 hours per week to start - with the possibility for additional hours including full-time status if there is a great fit. NOTE: ideally we are looking for someone to start as part-time and then transition to full-time permanent role.
- Create and test new webpages on our websites with specific functionality and excellent attention to user interface.
- Optimizing existing web pages on our website based on specific directions from our marketing director.
- Development and testing of a new web application including the next generation of admissions screening softwares.
Maintaining Amazon AWS CentOs servers.
- Maintaining and testing routine backups and restores.
- Administering and configuring servers' Apache, PHP, and MySQL installations.
- Monitoring and analyzing our systems and servers performance.
- Provide technical support for incoming concerns and issues related to systems, and software.
- Must demonstrate a genuine interest in our mission and take an active role to improve our impact as a company. (i.e. This will not be just a side source of income or a job to you.)
Preferred Qualifications & Education:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or related fields. (Must have completed the degree)
- Front and back-end knowledge and experience is an asset.
Experience with shell script.
- Experience with CentOS (or any linux-based OS).
- Experience with Amazon AWS.
- Experience with cPanel/WHM.
- Experience with Cloudflare.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of verifiable paid full-time job experience.
Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Abundantly humble and eager to learn.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proactive and self-motivated; ability to take initiative.
- Ability to quickly learn new programming skills when required.
- Ability to act independently with very little supervision and great work ethic.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent project/workflow management skills, and strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset (e.g., embrace latest technology, innovate methods, etc.)
- Must be looking for a long term position with a personal and professional growth mindset.
How to apply:
Simple. Send us the following 3 items to [email protected]
2) Your resume highlighting relevant paid work experience and educational requirement indicated above.
3) Are you located in Canada? (note, while the job is remote, only applicants from Canada are qualified to apply. All other applicants will be disqualified)
Please quote job #33177 on the subject line of your email.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, we will be in touch via email to schedule you for an interview. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
BeMo is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
BeMo is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.