Current Positions @ BeMo Academic Consulting:
Human Resources Assistant - Full-Time, Remote
An ideal position for someone looking for a long-term role located in Canada!
BeMo has an immediate need for a top caliber Human Resources Assistant with excellent attention to detail and organizational skills. The ideal candidate will assist the department manager with day to day tasks of the Human Resources department.
Are You the Needle in a Haystack?
Would you like to contribute to our mission of helping students who are genuinely interested in becoming outstanding future professionals, achieve their academic and career goals?
Would you like to help us promote diversity so that everyone has an equal chance at higher education regardless of racial, cultural or socioeconomic background?
Would you like to be part of a team that's shaping the future of admissions?
Here’s a Little Bit About Us:
You've probably never worked with anyone like us before. We're an innovative team of practicing professionals, researchers, and scholars, with a passion to help students reach their academic and career goals. We often go above and beyond to deliver the best possible services we can to our students. We make sure we are highly knowledgable about the ever-changing landscape of admissions by studying and researching admissions trends. We take our own medicine and we are constantly training to keep our individual performance and the performance of our company exceptional.
We take our role very seriously and contribute to our company on a consistent basis. When things need to get done, we don't care what time of the day or day of the week it is, we get the job done. We know how to manage our time and fulfill competing demands. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and impact and we are not afraid to share our ideas and collaborate with our team members. We put our company and our missions first. This is not a "job" to us. This is a calling. Our passion for mentoring our students and making admissions fair and scientifically sound is what gets us up in the morning. Importantly, we understand that our company is only as great as its individual members. That's how we have become a leading academic consulting firm and that's why we are extremely selective about our team and only pick the very best to join us and we do everything we can to support them.
We want to foster an environment where we drive team members to succeed within their role and believe in the mission and values of BeMo.
If you are resistant to coaching because you believe you already know everything, if you are seeking a side job just to make a few bucks or to add another entry to your resume, if you normally don't pay much attention to detail, or if you are looking for a short-term gig with little impact and growth, then we're probably not right for you.
If you are extremely detail oriented, obsessed with delivering only the best service, have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, willing to learn more and implement new strategies, love to be a part of the team to change the future of admissions, and looking for a long-term mission with significant impact on society, then you need to apply. Now.
Watch Our CEO's TEDx Talk to Find Out Why We Created BeMo:
What We Offer:
- Be a part of our fast growing, innovative and leading academic consulting firm.
- Be a part of a revolution. We are creating the next generation of admissions screening tools that are light years ahead at selecting best-suited candidates compared to traditional tools, while being fair to applicants.
- Be a part of a team of A-players. We only hire the brightest individuals with the highest caliber, character and courage.
- Freedom to work from anywhere around the world. You never have to go to the "office". All of our services are provided online.
- 24/7 support. We don't sleep. If you need our help, we'll be there for you because this means more than just a “job” to us.
- Opportunity of stocks/shares in our fast-growing company for exceptional team members that embody our core values.
- Opportunity for growth, independent project development and career advancement
- Make a huge difference in the lives of aspiring future professionals and contribute to our outstanding success rate.
- Comprehensive health, dental and disability insurance benefits.
- Generous vacation policy for full-time team members.
- $1,000 yearly personal and professional development fund.
- Quarterly team dinners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Attract and recruit new employees in addition to providing support for existing employees.
- Weekly job postings on various platforms.
- Maintaining and optimizing daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly checklists and automatic reminders for the department.
- Assist with payment of independent contractors and employees.
- Creating and optimizing departmental SOPs.
- Managing employee benefits and utilizing easy to use tracking systems.
- Onboarding of new employees and making sure all documents are up to date and relevant.
- 20% of the job requires the following: admin support for our partnership department to recruit and communicate with student clubs and associations
- Tech savvy and love of new technology
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in any field, preferrably related to administration or HR
- Bonus: Human Resources degree or certificate
- Minimum of 2 years experience in admin role or HR role
- Comfortable with use of technology and web research
- Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, & Word
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Highly coachable and open to continuous feedback.
- Managerial attitude taking full responsibility for assigned roles.
- Task-based oriented instead of 9-5 attitude.
- Must have access to a quiet private room with a door that's noise and distraction free.
- Must have access to an ergonomic chair and desk.
- Must have access to high speed and reliable Internet with minimum download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Ability to act independently with very little supervision and great work ethic.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proactive and self-motivated; ability to take initiative.
- Ability to plan in advance and anticipate any possible setbacks.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must be looking for a long-term position with a personal and professional growth mindset.
- Adaptable to a continuously changing environment in a fast-growing company.
Our Hiring Process:
Our hiring process includes a review of your application, a skills assessment test, a virtual interview and lastly, a face-to-face interview with select members of our team via video conference.
How to Apply:
Simple. Send us items 1-3 below to careers [at] bemoacademicconsulting.com
1) Can you confirm you have at least 2 years experience in the HR field?
2) Can you confirm you are located in Canada?
3) Please attach your resume and cover letter to this application.
Please quote job #24100 on the subject line of your email.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, we will be in touch via email to schedule you for an interview. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
BeMo is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
BeMo is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.