Current Positions @ BeMo Academic Consulting
MCAT Prep Instructor - Part-Time/Full-Time, Remote
Suitable only for applicants with a bachelor’s degree that have taken the MCAT.
BeMo has an immediate need for a top caliber MCAT prep instructor with a bachelor’s degree (life sciences preferred), at least 1-2-years of relevant MCAT teaching experience, excellent writing skills and great knowledge of the MCAT and exam process. The role is primarily to help premed students with MCAT prep, assisting in lesson plans, writing sample question, and optimizing our teaching SOPs.
Are you the needle in a haystack?
Would you like to help premed students, who are genuinely interested in becoming outstanding doctors and healthcare advocates, navigate their way through the maze of admissions processes by delivering world-class mentorship and training?
Would you like to help us promote diversity so that everyone has an equal chance at higher education regardless of racial, cultural or socioeconomic background?
Would you like to help us create the next generation of educational programs and admissions screening tools?
If you answered "yes," here’s a little bit about us:
You've probably never worked with anyone like us before. We're a dynamic team of practicing professionals, researchers, and scholars, with a passion to help students reach their academic and career goals. We often go above and beyond to deliver the best possible services we can to our students. We make sure we are highly knowledgeable about the ever-changing landscape of admissions by studying and researching admissions trends. We take our own medicine and we are constantly training to keep our individual performance and the performance of our company exceptional.
We take our role very seriously and contribute to our company on a regular basis because we understand the long-term impact of our work. We know how to manage our time and fulfill competing demands. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and its impact and we are not afraid to share our ideas and collaborate with our team members. We put our company and our missions first before our own personal needs and desires. This is not a "job" to us. This is a calling. Our passion for mentoring our students and making admissions fair and scientifically sound is what gets us up in the morning. Importantly, we understand that our company is only as great as its individual members. That's how we have become a leading academic consulting firm and that's why we are extremely selective about our team and only pick the very best to join us and we do everything we can to support them.
We want to foster an environment where we drive team members to succeed within their role and believe in the mission and values of BeMo.
If you are resistant to learn more about admissions and coaching students because you believe you already know everything, if you are seeking a 'side job' just to make a few bucks, or to add another entry to your CV, if you normally don't pay much attention to detail, or if you are looking for a short-term gig with little impact and growth, then we're probably not right for you.
If you truly understand admissions, have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, willing to learn more and implement new strategies to coach our students, create new programs, love to be a part of a team to change the future of admissions, and looking for a long-term mission with significant impact on society, then you need to apply. Now.
Watch Our CEO's TEDx Talk to Find Out Why We Created BeMo:
What We Offer:
- Freedom to choose your hours. We don't believe in 9-5. We believe in accomplishments of the highest standard.
- Freedom to work from anywhere around the world. You never have to go to the "office." All of our services are provided online.
- Be a part of a fast growing, innovative and leading academic consulting firm.
- Be part of a revolution. We are creating the next generation of admissions screening tools that are light years ahead at selecting best-suited candidates compared to traditional tools, while being fair to applicants.
- Be part of a team of A-players. We only hire the brightest individuals with the highest caliber, character and courage.
- 24/7 support. If you need our help, we'll be there for you because this means more than just a “job” to us.
- Opportunity of stocks/shares in our fast-growing company for exceptional team members that embody our core values.
- Generous self-directed vacation policy for full time members.
- Opportunity for growth, independent project development and career advancement including managerial and executive roles.
- Make a huge difference in the lives of aspiring future professionals and contribute to our outstanding success rate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to start part-time (minimum 20 hours/week) and transition to full-time after the probationary period if it's a good fit. Ideally, we are looking for someone to start part-time and transition to full-time.
- Must be fully competent in the newest version of the MCAT, with strong knowledge required for each section.
- Must have recent teaching experience with the newest version of the MCAT and have the ability to assist with lesson plans that will guide students on each topic within the MCAT.
- Go over lesson plans with students and address any follow up questions.
- Review and critique student quizzes and provide feedback to help students improve their scores.
- Advance through the ranks of our department quickly to seek a management position.
- Continuously demonstrate a genuine passion for mentoring our students and improving our overall operations and impact as a company (i.e. This will not be just a part-time job/side source of income to you).
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Must have completed a bachelor’s degree (life sciences discipline).
- Must have written the latest version of the MCAT.
- Experience in training/teaching MCAT in the last 1-2 years.
- Ability to contribute as a consultant for a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- In depth and expert level knowledge in MCAT topics, and ability to teach all sections.
- Experience with assisting in lesson plans.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Abundantly humble and coachable.
- Ability to plan in advance and anticipate any possible setbacks including conflicting demands as a medical student or resident.
- Excellent verbal communications and writing skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated; ability to take initiative.
- Ability to act independently with very little supervision and great work ethics.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset (e.g., embrace latest technology, innovate methods/tools, etc.).
How to Apply:
Simple. Send us your cover letter indicating why you believe you will be an excellent match for this position along with your resume or CV along with your MCAT score (subsections included) to consulting [at] bemoacademicconsulting.com - Note your MCAT score must not be older than 2 years unless you have been actively teaching the MCAT. Additionally, you must have obtained an 90th percentile MCAT score or better.
Please quote job #22171 on the subject line of your email.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel that you’re a strong match, we will be in touch via email to schedule you for an interview. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!
BeMo is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
BeMo is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.