Personal Medical School Interview Questions
- Who has influenced your life the most? Why?
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
- How do you respond to negative feedback and criticism from your instructors/supervisors?
- How do you handle praise? Is recognition important to you?
- What is your greatest achievement?
- How do you cope with stress?
- What do you do for fun?
- What do you see yourself doing in ten or fifteen years from now?
- What makes you a better applicant than others?
- Tell me about your most memorable work with patients.
- If you are a minority, how has your background and experience influenced your decision to pursue medicine?
- If you come from a disadvantaged/underserved background, how has this experience shaped your choice to pursue medicine?
Behavioral Medical School Interview Questions
- Tell me about a time you received a rejection. How did you deal with this?
- Tell me about a time when you advocated for someone.
- What was the most stressful situation you ever faced? How did you handle it?
- Tell me about a time you were treated unfairly. How did you handle this situation?
- Can you tell me about a time when, intentionally or not, you harmed someone else?
- Tell me about the most difficult period of your life. How did you deal with this?
- Tell me about a time when you had to think outside of the box to solve a problem?
- Can you talk about a time you experienced conflict with a coworker?
Medical School Interview Questions about Your Application
- What did you do during your gap year (if you had one)?
- Were there any experiences that exposed you to other cultures? What did you learn?
- Does your academic record demonstrate any specific gaps or setbacks? If so, could you speak to the reasons they might have taken place?
- Tell me about your clinical experience.
- Have you applied to medical school before? If yes, why do you think you did not get in the first time? What have you done to improve?
- Have you had any experiences working in diverse populations? What did you learn?
- Tell me about [an item from the application].
Policy and Healthcare Medical School Interview Questions
- What do you think are some of the responsibilities of physicians outside of medicine? What other roles should they fulfill?
- What are the pros and cons of a universal healthcare system? Where do you stand on this topic?
- How do you stay up to date with the most current news?
- What can we do to make medical education more accessible to diverse populations?
- How do you think the environment affects patient populations?
- What do you think is the most exciting discovery in the field of medicine in recent years?
- What is the number one issues facing the practice of medicine today and what can we do to fix this issue?
Program-Related Medical School Interview Questions
- How did you choose which medical schools to apply to? What criteria did you look at?
- What specific skills do you hope to learn in medical school?
- Have you thought about your medical specialty yet?
- Why did you choose to become an MD (or DO) instead of pursuing another medical profession, such as physician assistant, nursing, paramedic, and so on?
- How are you going to be able to handle the intense medical school workload?
- What other medical schools have you applied to and why?
- What questions do you have for me about our school?
- Do you have any fears about practicing medicine?
Quirky Medical School Interview Questions
- If we colonize Mars, would you move there?
- What would you do with 5 million dollars?
- If you had to sacrifice one of the 5 senses, what would it be and why?
- If you could be any fruit, what would you be and why?
- What superpower would you have if you could pick one?
- If you had a time machine, where would you travel or who would you want to meet from the past. Why?