Current Positions @ BeMo Academic Consulting
Academic Consultant - PhD, Part-Time to start and transition to Full-Time, Remote
Although not required, applicants who are fluent in both English and French will be given preference.
BeMo has an immediate need for a top caliber PhD (preferred if PhD in life sciences) as an academic consultant. The role is to help our students with review and critique of their applications (we do NOT write any application documents for our students, rather we teach them how to make their applications stand out), and admissions interview preparation.
Are you the needle in a haystack?
Would you like to help students who are genuinely interested in becoming outstanding future professionals navigate their way through the maze of admissions process by delivering world-class mentorship and training?
Would you like to make sure no one is treated unfairly due to their cultural, racial or social status?
Would you like to help us create the next generation of educational programs and become a staunch advocate for fair admissions in higher education?
Here’s a little bit about us:
You've probably never worked with anyone like us before. We're a dynamic team of practicing professionals, researchers, and scholars, with a passion to help students reach their academic and career goals. We often go above and beyond to deliver the best possible services we can to our students. We make sure we are highly knowledgeable about the ever-changing landscape of admissions by studying and researching admissions trends. We take our own medicine and we are constantly training to keep our individual performance and the performance of our company exceptional.
We take our role very seriously and contribute to our company on a regular basis because we understand the long-term impacts of our work. We know how to manage our time and fulfill competing demands. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and its impact and we are not afraid to share our ideas and collaborate with our team members. We put our company and our missions first before our own personal needs and desires. This is not a "job" to us. This is a calling. Our passion for mentoring our students and making admissions fair and scientifically sound is what gets us up in the mornings. Importantly, we understand that our company is only as great as its individual members. That's how we have become a leading academic consulting firm and that's why we are extremely selective about our team and only pick the very best to join us and we do everything we can to support them.
We want to foster an environment where we drive team members to succeed within their role and believe in the mission and values of BeMo.
If you are resistant to learn more about admissions and coaching students because you believe you already know everything, if you are seeking a side job just to make a few bucks or to add another entry to your CV, if you normally don't pay much attention to detail, or if you are looking for a short-term gig with little impact and growth, then we're probably not right for you.
If you truly understand admissions, have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, willing to learn more and implement new strategies to coach our students, create new programs, love to be a part of a team to change the future of admissions, and looking for a long-term mission with significant impact on society, then you need to apply. Now.
Watch Our CEO's TEDx Talk to Find Out Why We Created BeMo:
What We Offer:
- Be a part of our fast growing, innovative and leading academic consulting firm.
- Be part of a revolution. We are creating the next generation of admissions screening tools that are light years ahead at selecting best-suited candidates compared to traditional tools, while being fair to applicants.
- Be part of a team of A-players. We only hire the brightest individuals with the highest caliber, character and courage.
- Freedom to choose your hours. We don't believe in 9-5. We believe in accomplishments of the highest standard.
- Freedom to work from anywhere around the world. You never have to go to the "office." All of our services are provided online.
- 24/7 support. If you need our help, we'll be there for you because this means more than just a “job” to us.
- Opportunity of stocks/shares in our fast growing company for exceptional team members that embody our core values.
- Opportunity for growth, independent project development and career advancement including managerial and executive roles.
- Make a huge difference in the lives of aspiring future professionals and contribute to our outstanding success rate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to start part-time (minimum 20 hours/week) and transition to full-time after the probationary period if it's a good fit. Ideally, we are looking for someone to join us full-time.
- Review and critique application documents and provide feedback to help students improve their applications.
- Conduct mock interviews + provide feedback to improve interview performance of our students.
- Advance through the ranks of our consulting department quickly to seek a management position.
- Continuously demonstrate a genuine passion for mentoring our students and improving our overall operations and impact as a company (i.e. This will not be just a part-time job/side source of income to you).
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- Must hold a PhD in Psychology, Education, Life Sciences, or related fields. Preferred if PhD in life sciences. (Not suitable for PhD students. Must have completed PhD training to be able to start immediately if selected).
- Must have excellent writing skills and track record.
- Bonus if you are fluent in French in addition to English.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to plan in advance and anticipate any possible setbacks.
- Excellent verbal communications and writing skills.
- Proactive and self-motivated; ability to take initiative.
- Ability to act independently with very little supervision and great work ethics.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset (e.g., embrace latest technology, innovate methods/tools, etc).
- Must be looking for a long term position with a personal and professional growth mindset.
- Extremely humble and eager to learn.
How to Apply:
Simple. Send us your cover letter indicating why you believe you will be an excellent match for this position along with your resume or CV to consulting [at] bemoacademicconsulting.com.
Please quote job #22165 on the subject line of your email.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel that you’re a strong match, we will be in touch via email to schedule you for an interview. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
BeMo is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
BeMo is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.