1. About us
BeMo is an academic consulting firm. To learn more about BeMo and the products and services we offer, please see our website.BeMo’s websites, related services, information and communications are collectively referred to as the “BeMo Platform”. This includes the platform that we offer at our website: www.bemoacademicconsulting.com and any other site operated by BeMo.
2. Our collection and use of your personal information
- Contact information, including your first and last name, postal address, telephone number and email address
- Personal identification information, such as your address, date of birth, age, gender, family and marital status
- Admissions data including your grades, standardized test scores, list of schools of interests, transcripts and other admissions data you share with us
- Identity information if necessary, including marriage certificate, change of name documentation, and documents such as passport and driver’s licence
- Financial and credit information, such as credit scores
- Payment or banking information
- Employment and education information
- Personal information you choose to provide to us through the BeMo Platform, by email, or during a telephone call or live chat
- Your postings on any blogs, forums, wikis and any other social media applications and services that we provide
- Video recordings and sound recordings
- Your IP address, browser type and language, and access times
- Details on how you use our products and services
- Details of how you like to interact with us and other similar information
3. Information we collect and how we collect it
The information we collect depends on the types products you purchase, the nature of the services you apply for, have access to, and use, the payment method you use, and the way you communicate with us. We collect information in a number of ways:
3.1 Information you give to us
We collect personal information from you when you inquire about, apply for, access or use our products and services.
3.2 Information we get from third parties
We also collect information from a number of third parties as permitted by law. These include third party services providers that we use to help operate our business. When we do so, we do it with your consent, or otherwise confirm the third party lawfully collected the information and can share it with us.
3.3 Calls, online chats, and other communications
We may record calls, online chats and other communications between us to ensure quality customer service, confirm our discussions and your instructions, resolve complaints, and train our staff.
3.4 Cookies, web beacons, and other technologies
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. We also collect the time and date you used our platform either as an Organization or as a User.In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service's functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer's hard drive.We use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. If you do not instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, your consent to our use of your Personal Information may be implied.
Google Ads remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads
Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout - for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950To opt-out from Facebook's interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads/#568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook's Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
3.5 Consenting for others
4. Why we collect, use and disclose information
We collect, use and disclose personal information for a number of reasons including to:
- serve you better and communicate effectively with you;
- verify your identity;
- identify your preferences;
- open and manage your account on the BeMo Platform;
- provide you with our products and services through the BeMo Platform, including coaching programs and admissions preparation solutions
- promote and market products and services offered by us, our affiliates, or our strategic partners and alliances;
- business development purposes, such as testimonials used as part of our business development materials with the individual’s permission
- conduct market research;
- conduct admissions research;
- recognize and deliver relevant ads to you on the BeMo Platform and third party websites and apps;
- manage our own customer relationship management processes;
- detect, prevent and suppress fraud, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- meet regulatory requirements;
- comply with all applicable laws, including tax requirements; and
- share your information with third party service providers for external processing such as data or payment processing.
5. What marketing activities do we carry out?
We may use your personal information to provide you with information about our services or to send you newsletters and marketing or promotional materials which may be of interest to you where you are an existing customer or where you have provided your consent for us to do so.We are committed to only sending you marketing emails that you have clearly expressed an interest in receiving. If you no longer wish to receive information from us and want to be removed from our standard mailing list you can "unsubscribe" by clicking the link that appears in all such emails or by mail using the details set out set out below in the section called “Contacting us”. Please note that by stopping these communications you may not hear about any new products or services.Please note that, even if you opt out of receiving marketing messages, we may still send you communications that are relevant to the type of services we provide you with.
6. When we disclose information
7. How long do we keep personal information for?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in section 4 above and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.If you would like further information about how long we will keep your personal information for, please contact us using the details set out set out below in the section called “Contacting us”.
8. How do we protect your information?
- We implement and maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the personal information that is stored at our offices or on our systems and networks. These include but are not limited to the following:·
- We adopt a framework of information security controls operating at different levels within the company to restrict access and safeguard systems, including the coordinated use of multiple security controls to protect the integrity of the information and assets in the company’s IT network.
- We have an established, documented information security framework which is regularly reviewed to consider changes in technology, regulations and threats.·
- We maintain awareness and education on information security and data protection in all areas of our business.
- We conduct risk based due diligence on our suppliers.
- We operate a program of testing the effectiveness of our information security measures.
Although we use appropriate security measures once we have received your personal information, the transmission of data over the internet (including by e-mail) is never completely secure. We endeavor to protect personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us or by us.
9. How to correct and access your information
You have the right to request correction of your personal information where necessary so that it is up to date, complete and accurate. We encourage you to ensure that your personal information is accurate so please regularly let us know if you believe that the information we hold about you may be inaccurate or not complete.You also have a right to access your personal information under our control, subject to any legal restrictions or rights of refusal. Your personal information will normally be provided to you in writing unless you request otherwise or where you have made a request by electronic means such as email. We will provide such information in electronic form where possible. If you exercise this access right, we may charge you a reasonable fee for copying and sending the information from your file.If you want to access your file or have it corrected, please contact us using the details set out set out below in the section called “Contacting us”.
10. How to withdraw your consent
Where we rely on consent as the legal ground to use your personal information, you are entitled to withdraw that original consent, subject to certain limitations.Please note that for certain uses of your personal information, we need your consent in order to provide you with certain of our products and services. If you exercise this right and withdraw your consent, we may not be able to continue to provide you with such products and services. We will inform you of these consequences when you withdraw your consent.If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact us using the details set out set out below in the section called “Contacting us”.
11. Contacting us
BeMo Academic Consulting Inc.
4711 Yonge Street 10th Floor
Toronto ON M2N 6K8
Email: privacy [at] bemoacademicconsulting.com
If you have a concern we are not able to resolve, you have the right to contact your privacy regulator. Our Privacy Officer will give you this contact information upon request.
Updated: April 11, 2021.