Georgetown Medical School is one of the most prestigious medical schools in the US and the world. Are you looking to attend this historic institution? In our blog, you will learn their admission statistics and requirements, as well as tip that will help you get accepted!
Note: If you would like to navigate to specific sections of the article, click "Article Contents" above (on mobile) or on the right (desktop) to see an overview of the content.
“Guided by the Jesuit tradition of 'cura personalis,' caring for the whole person, Georgetown University School of Medicine will educate a diverse student body, in an integrated way, to become knowledgeable, skillful, ethical, and compassionate physicians and biomedical scientists, dedicated to the care of others and the health needs of our society.”
- Years I & II: Pre-Clinical
- Year III: Clerkship
- Year IV: Electives
- All students must complete and independent research project on a topic of their choosing guided by a mentor.
- Success rate (Overall): 1.36%
- Success rate (In-State): 6.12%
- Success rate (Out-of-State): %
- Success rate (International): 1.39%
- Average Accepted GPA: 3.74
- Average Accepted MCAT Scores: 512
- Biology (1 year with lab)
- Chemistry (1 year of inorganic chemistry, 1 year of organic chemistry, both with lab. 1 semester of biochemistry recommended.)
- Physics (1 year with lab)
- Statistics/Biostatistics/Mathematics (1 semester)
- English (recommended)
- Social/Behavioural Science (recommended)
- AP courses are accepted
Disclaimer: BeMo does not endorse or affiliate with any universities, colleges, or official test administrators. The content has been developed based on the most recent publicly available data provided from the official university website. However, you should always check the statistics/requirements with the official school website for the most up to date information. You are responsible for your own results.