Current Positions @ BeMo Academic Consulting:
Student Support/Administrative Assistant - Part-time to start and transition to full-time, Remote
All applicants must be able to commute to the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) 20% of the time for in person meetings, even though the job is remote.
**Ideal for recent university graduates looking for a long-term position for a noble cause and endless growth opportunity within a fast-paced and innovative company.
Are you the needle in a haystack?
Would you like to contribute to our mission of helping students who are genuinely interested in becoming outstanding future professionals, achieve their academic and career goals?
Would you like to make sure no one is treated unfairly due to their unfamiliarity with the admissions process or due to cultural, racial or social status?
Would you like to be part of a team that's shaping the future of admissions?
Here’s a little bit about us:
You've probably never worked with anyone like us before. We're an innovative team of practicing professionals, researchers, and scholars, with a passion to help students reach their academic and career goals. We often go above and beyond to deliver the best possible services we can to our students. We make sure we are highly knowledgable about the ever-changing landscape of admissions by studying and researching admissions trends. We take our own medicine and we are constantly training to keep our individual performance and the performance of our company exceptional.
We take our role very seriously and contribute to our company on a consistent basis. When things need to get done, we don't care what time of the day or day of the week it is, we get the job done. We know how to manage our time and competing demands. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and impact and we are not afraid to share our ideas and collaborate with our team members. We put our company and our missions first. This is not a "job" to us. This is a calling. Our passion for mentoring our students and making admissions fair and scientifically sound is what gets us up in the morning. Importantly, we understand that our company is only as great as its individual members. That's how we have become a leading academic consulting firm and that's why we are extremely selective about our team and only pick the very best to join us and we do everything we can to support them.
We'll be honest; working at BeMo isn't for everyone. If you are resistant to coaching because you believe you already know everything, if you are seeking a side job just to make a few bucks or to add another entry to your resume, if you normally don't pay much attention to detail, or if you are looking for a short-term gig with little impact and growth, then we're probably not right for you.
If you are extremely detail oriented, obsessed with delivering only the best service, have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, willing to learn more and implement new strategies, love to be a part of the team to change the future of admissions, and looking for a long-term mission with significant impact on society, then you need to apply. Now.
What we offer:
- Be a part of our fast growing, innovative and leading academic consulting firm.
- Be part of a revolution. We are creating the next generation of admissions screening and student mentorship tools that are light years ahead at selecting best-suited candidates compared to traditional tools, while being fair to applicants.
- Be part of a team of A-players. We only hire the brightest individuals with the highest caliber, character and courage.
- Freedom to work from anywhere around the world. You never have to go to the "office". All of our services are provided online. We only need to meet for meetings and fun events within the Toronto area 20% of the time and you must be able to commute at your own expense.
- 24/7 support. We don't sleep. If you need our help, we'll be there for you because this means more than just a “job” to us.
- Opportunity of stocks/shares in our fast growing company for exceptional team members that embody our core values.
- Opportunity for growth, independent project development and career advancement.
- Make a huge difference in the lives of aspiring future professionals and contribute to our outstanding success rate.
- Full health, dental and life insurance benefits for full-time team members.
- Generous vacation policy for full-time team members.
BeMo has an immediate need for a top caliber student support representative to provide exceptional services to our current students and educate prospective students about our products and services. The role also includes communicating with our consultants to make sure our students are receiving the best service possible. In addition, the suitable applicant will perform administrative tasks as required and help use continue to grow our partnership with student clubs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- This role will start as a 20 hours per week during the probationary and training period with the goal of transitioning into full-time status for those who excel during our training phase within 6 months of employment or sooner (our last applicant transitioned to full-time within just 2 months due to exceptional progress).
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings as required.
- Provide exceptional customer support to our current students via email, phone and live chat.
- Educate prospective students about our products and services via email, phone and live chat.
- Create and maintain detailed student records.
- Create and maintain detailed record of student acquisition.
- Handle highly confidential documents with extreme care.
- Continuously create and implement new strategies to improve our customer support and student acquisition.
- Deliver company information to team members about upcoming changes, news/announcements via email and/or phone calls.
- Perform web research for upcoming or existing projects and communicate the findings in a detailed and organized reports.
- Data entry, storage and simple analysis using Excel/spread sheets.
- Admin support to help our consultants with any troubleshooting using our online systems and platforms.
- Website updates using our easy to use site management system to update certain parts of our site as required - note these would involve very simple changes, such as text changes on specific pages, and you will not be required to know anything about web development and we have a team of developers on board for complex tasks.
- Admin support for our student support department to store data and analyze simple data for our team.
- Admin support for our HR department to organize and communicate new employees.
- Secure partnerships with university clubs.
Preferred Qualifications & Education:
Tech savvy and love of new technology
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in any field. **best suited for recent university graduates**
- Minimum of 2 years experience in either sales or customer service (preferably both but not required. We're more interested in applicants willing to learn and grow).
- Must be a self-directed learner with the ability to systematically experiment to improves our customer service procedures.
- Extremely well versed with online research.
- Comfortable with use of technology.
- Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and seek and learn the use of new softwares to improve efficiency and record keeping.
- Must be able to commute to the GTA area 20% of the time for meetings and fun company events.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Highly coachable.
- Comfortable working independently and with ambiguity.
- Fantastic rapport building skills with individuals of all walks of life.
- Task-based oriented instead of 9-5 attitude and willing to work some weekends and evenings based on demand.
- Must have access to a quiet private room with a door that's noise and distraction free.
- Must have access to an ergonomic chair and desk.
- Must have access to high speed and reliable Internet with minimum download speed of 10 Mbps.
- Must have access to a headset for phone conversations.
- Ability to act independently with very little supervision and great work ethic.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proactive and self-motivated; ability to take initiative.
- Ability to plan in advance and anticipate any possible setbacks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to find anything on the web with ease.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset (e.g., embrace latest technology, innovate methods/tools, etc.)
- Extremely humble and eager to learn new skills.
- Tech savvy and comfortable with learning the use of new online technology.
- Adaptable to a continuously changing environment in a fast growing company.
- Must be looking for a long term position with a personal and professional growth mindset.
How to apply:
Simple. Send us your cover letter indicating why you believe you will be an excellent match for this position along with your CV to [email protected]
Please quote job #23101 on the subject line of your email.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, we will be in touch via email to schedule you for an interview. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
BeMo is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
BeMo is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.