Content & Social Media Manager - Part-time to Full-time, Remote
Note: Applicants must be from Canada and preferably from the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), even though the job is remote.
Are you the needle in a haystack?
Would you like to contribute to our mission of helping students who are genuinely interested in becoming outstanding future professionals, achieve their academic and career goals?
Would you like to make sure no one is treated unfairly due to their unfamiliarity with the admissions process or due to cultural, racial or social status?
Would you like to be part of a team that's shaping the future of admissions?
Here’s a little bit about us:
You've probably never worked with anyone like us before. We're a dynamic team of practicing professionals, researchers, and scholars, with a passion to help students reach their academic and career goals. We often go above and beyond to deliver the best possible services we can to our students. We make sure we are highly knowledgable about the ever-changing landscape of admissions by studying and researching admissions trends. We take our own medicine and we are constantly training to keep our individual performance and the performance of our company exceptional.
We take our role very seriously and contribute to our company on a consistent basis. When things need to get done, we don't care what time of the day or day of the week it is, we get the job done. We know how to manage our time and competing demands. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our services and impact and we are not afraid to share our ideas and collaborate with our team members. We put our company and our missions first. This is not a "job" to us. This is a calling. Our passion for mentoring our students and making admissions fair and scientifically sound is what gets us up in the morning. Importantly, we understand that our company is only as great as its individual members. That's how we have become a leading academic consulting firm and that's why we are extremely selective about our team and only pick the very best to join us and we do everything we can to support them.
We'll be honest; working at BeMo isn't for everyone. If you are resistant to coaching because you believe you already know everything, if you are seeking a side job just to make a few bucks or to add another entry to your resume, if you normally don't pay much attention to detail, or if you are looking for a short-term gig with little impact and growth, then we're probably not right for you.
If you are extremely detail oriented, obsessed with delivering only the best service, have outstanding written and verbal communications skills, willing to learn more and implement new strategies, love to be a part of the team to change the future of admissions, think working long hours and on the weekends is totally cool sometimes to hit objectives when required, and looking for a long-term mission with significant impact on society, then you need to apply. Now.
What we offer:
- Be a part of our fast growing, innovative and leading academic consulting firm.
- Be part of a revolution. We are creating the next generation of admissions screening tools that are light years ahead at selecting best-suited candidates compared to traditional tools, while being fair to applicants.
- Be part of a team of A-players. We only hire the brightest individuals with the highest caliber, character and courage.
- Freedom to choose your hours. We don't believe in 9-5. We believe in accomplishments of the highest standard.
- Freedom to work from anywhere around the world. You never have to go to the "office". All of our services are provided online and this role can be full-filled remotely. We only need to meet for meetings and fun events within the Toronto area 20% of the time and you must be able to commute at your own expense.
- 24/7 support. We don't sleep. If you need our help, we'll be there for you because this means more than just a “job” to us.
- Opportunity of stocks/shares in our fast growing company for exceptional team members that embody our core values.
- Opportunity for growth, independent project development and career advancement including managerial and executive roles.
- Make a huge difference in the lives of aspiring future professionals and contribute to our outstanding success rate.
BeMo has an immediate need for a top caliber content manager/social media manager with excellent verbal communications and writing skills. The role is primarily to take full charge of our content creation, including blog posts, video blogs, and social media management to engage our students with insightful content.
Roles and responsibilities:
- This role will start as a 20 hours per week during the probationary and training period with the goal of transitioning into full-time status for those who excel during our training phase within 6 months of employment or sooner (our last applicant transitioned to full-time within just 2 months due to exceptional progress).
- Must demonstrate a genuine interest in our mission and take an active role to improve our impact as a company. (i.e. This will not be just a side source of income or a "side job" to you because we find those who are genuinely interested to do this work perform better and are happier in their position.)
- The responsibilities as a full-time member of our team include the following:
- Write a minimum of 2 pieces of original content for our blog/week.
- Create a minimum of 5 videos for YouTube channel/week, featuring yourself as the host.
- Create a minimum of 1 podcast audio for our podcast/week, featuring yourself as the host.
- Update a minimum of 2 pieces of previous blog posts/week.
- Manage BeMo's social media accounts and engage our fans.
- Meet specific Key Performance Indicators related to the growth of our blog, YouTube, podcast, and social media channels.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- This is suitable for anyone with both interest and knowledge of the graduate and professional school admissions process. However, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
- You must hold a minimum of a bachelor degree in any discipline with excellent writing skills.
- Non-practicing MDs and PhD holders will be given preference for this role. However, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to plan in advance and anticipate any possible setbacks.
- Excellent verbal communications and writing skills.
- Creative writing skills to produce insightful blogs.
- Video blog/podcast content generation (you must be comfortable and engaging as the host).
- Social media management.
- Proactive and self-motivated; ability to take initiative.
- Ability to act independently with very little supervision and great work ethics.
- Extremely humble and eager to learn.
- Tech savvy.
- Adaptable to a continuously changing environment in a fast growing company.
- Must be looking for a long term position with a personal and professional growth mindset.
How to apply:
Simple. Send us the following 3 items to careers [at] bemoacademicconsulting.com
1) Your skill level on a scale of 1 to 7 for each of the following: creative writing, content video creation, and social media management.
2) Indicate where you are located. E.g. Toronto, Canada (preference will be given to those from the Greater Toronto Area)
3) Cover letter and resume/CV.
Please quote job #23166 on the subject line of your email.
We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, we will be in touch via email to schedule you for an interview. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
BeMo is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
BeMo is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.